Wednesday 14 March 2012

Tartan wedding dresses? Yer aff yer heid!

Was having a discussion with my friends the other day when I suggested a tartan wedding dress would be nice for a Scottish wedding when I was met with two disdainful looks. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed since we are all Scottish. It just illustrated to me the lack of imagination in this country. I wanted to share with everyone some really good pictures of tartan dresses, because it really can look amazing if done properly. If you are having a Scottish themed wedding and feel a bit daring, then keep reading.
First up is a very dramatic and stylish dress worn by Miss Scotland. Not necessarily to my taste, but don't get me wrong, I still think it's lovely. I added it in though because I thought it would appeal to fashion lovers.

These are probably my favourite dresses out of the lot, even though they are only bridesmaid dresses. I think the fabric and colour look gorgeous and if I was getting married at home I wouldn't think twice about opting for these. Obviously wouldn't be a good idea for the bride to wear tartan as well, but this is a good way to pull tartan into the wedding party if you are not brave enough to wear it yourself (or in other words just force it on your bridesmaids!) However, I don't think the bridesmaids would be complaining to wear this.
On a side note, it may be tricky to get the tartan in the groomsmen kilts to match, but that is easy sorted by opting for plain kilts which are fast becoming a new popular style in Scotland.




Whether this is your style or not, it does give you some food for thought. Maybe I might have just convinced you. Working on my friends may be more difficult!

Best wishes,
Sarah-Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment